Church of San Paolo a Ripa d’Arno and Sant’Agata chapel
A brief history: The church was founded around 925, but for a long time it remained a constantly evolving construction site under the guidance of the Benedictine monks of Vallombrosa. During the siege of Pisa in 1406, the year in which the city passed under the Florentine dominion, the church suffered a lot of damage, but the most evident alterations are the result of the last world war that led to the complete demolition of what was the monastery and the facilities behind it, thus making the curious chapel of Saint Agatha visible.
- Villa di Maio: it was built in the early twentieth century in Art Nouveau style. The building is divided into several volumes, sided by a beautiful loggia and dominated by a tower with a roof terrace. The decorations of the frames and capitals are inspired by a vast Renaissance repertoire and the wrought iron works are an interweaving of floral shapes and figures.
- Casa del Mutilato (Via Romiti 2): An Art Nouveau building, inaugurated in 1928 and designed by Federico Severini. Today, it houses the Mental Health Centre of Pisa.
Via S. Antonio, 33
339 8533300,050 500733,050 541090
Centro Congressi Le Benedettine
Chiesa di San Paolo a Ripa D'Arno