We meet the Taviani brothers several times in this itinerary, because some of their films were shot in Pisa: in Piazza del Duomo, in the spaces of the former Pisorno film studios, at the San Rossore estate... The two brothers Paolo (1931) and Vittorio Taviani (1929 - 2018) were born in San Miniato (PI), but after the Second World War they moved to Pisa. They remember their arrival on a wagon, they say that they stopped in the district of San Francesco, in the area of Galileo Galilei's birthplace and that the neighbourhood was upside down due to the bombings: many buildings were dilapidated, the streets were narrow and dark... Then when all of a sudden they emerged on the Lungarni their hearts filled with joy, the beauty of the light and the sparkling river gave them hope for a new beginning. Film lovers from an early age, they animated the Cineclub of Pisa. In the mid-1950s they moved to Rome and started working in the cinema industry.