Pons maris or novus degatie maris connected the Castellaccio, from which the Torre Guelfa stands out, and the Degazia Nuova gate and the two entrance arches are still visible. The bridge of the Cittadella, mentioned in 1327 and originally made of wood, was rebuilt in 1354 in stone with five arches, one of which is wider and higher to allow the passage of boats. Over the centuries, the bridge was restored again, with interventions by architects Filippo Brunelleschi first, and Cosimo Pugliano later. Collapsed due to a flood in 1869, it was rebuilt in iron a little further west and then destroyed again during the war. The current construction is postwar.