The quadrilateral between Borgo Stretto, Lungarno Pacinotti, Via Ulisse Dini and Via San Frediano is one of the most interesting in terms of medieval civil construction. Piazza Sant'Omobono shows turreted buildings from the eleventh and twelfth centuries, joined together to form stately palaces. The area now hosts the daily fruit market, as well as artisan shops, restaurants and numerous night-life venues. Inside the buildings from number 7 up to number 10 there aretwo columns of the ancient loggia church of San Pietro in Padule, mentioned in 1132, so named following a probable geological instability that created a marshy area nearby. In front of the church, dedicated in 1614 to San Huomobono de Sarti, it is possible to see some traces of visibly leaning tower houses, evidence of the unstable conditions of the ground.