The first mentions of the building date back to 1110, when it was described as a regular presbitery under the Augustinians. The church was aggregated over the centuries to the nearby churches of San Michele degli Scalzi and to Santa Croce in Fossabanda, to be later granted to the Oblates of the Virgin Mary. The exterior remained unfinished, with marble and Verrucana linings. The entrance portal shows the usual two-tone façades of Pisan architecture. Worthy of interest is the apse, decorated with blind arches. The interior of the Church, which has undergone numerous restorations, features a single hall with frescoes from the 18th century by Pisan painter Mattia Tarocchi: the confession of San Ranieri; Last Supper; the martyrdom of Saints. Giacomo il Minore and San Filippo, apostles; the temptations of Sant’Antonio.