Once Piazza Guerrazzi, known as Piazza dei Platani, was the entrance to the city from Florence. The centre of the square hosts the statue of Kinzica, a bronze work by Angelo Ciucci, created in 2005 to commemorate the moment in which in 1003 the young Kinzica de’ Sismondi, thanks to the cry fire, fire, managed to wake up the population besieged by the fleet of Musetto, a Saracen leader. Between Via Francesco da Buti and Via Carlo Cattaneo there is the Leopolda Station. Inaugurated in 1844, it was the first railway station built in Tuscany, and the second in Italy, at the behest of Grand Duke Pietro Leopoldo II. The station originally connected Pisa with Livorno, and later Pontedera and Florence were added to the line. In 1871, the current station of Pisa Centrale was built, and the Leopolda remained only a freight station until 1929, when it became the fruit and vegetable market. In 1996, the entire structure underwent major restoration works, which transformed it into a modern multifunctional centre.