The gate and tower San Martino in Guatholongo, dating back to 1243, take their name from the ancient district 'guado longo' (long ford), where due to the small distance between the banks it was possible to cross the river using rope rafts. The gate is the only testimony of the presence of the medieval walls, demolished between 1872 and 1920 to develop the new and modern district near the station. The tower is visible only from the outside, the space is privately owned. On the opposite side, at number 24, is the Villino Ceci, or Villa Baldacci, a historic Pisan family that has been working in the pharmaceutical sector for more than 100 years, with a beautiful Art Nouveau gate. Antonio Ceci was a well-known surgeon from Ascoli Piceno, a lover of art history and collector, who, having moved to Pisa in the early twentieth century, managed to create one of the largest collections of Flemish and Italian art in Italy, with works by Raphael, Rosso Fiorentino, Bruegel and Cigoli, some of which are on display today at the National Museum of Palazzo Reale.