Church of San Michele in Borgo, borgo Stretto
History in a nutshell: founded in 1016 by the abbot Bono, was joined by the Gittatelli hospital in 1218, founded by Domenico Vernagalli. The complex belonged to the Benedictines, and then passed to the Camaldolese in 1782. The interior was completely restored in late Baroque style, with a ceiling with rosettes and octagons, but the bombings of the Second World War have erased all its traces. The 10th-century crypt is no longer accessible and still overrun with debris carried by the river during the 1966 flood.
Piazza Del Pozzetto, 5
Chiesa di San Michele in Borgo
Piazza delle Vettovaglie