Church of the Santo Sepolcro
History in a nutshell: the church was founded by the Hospitallers around 1113, although the first mention is from 1138. Adjacent to it was a small hospital, partly still visible. On the bell tower an inscription, huius operis fabricator/deus te salvet nominatur, reveals that its possible architect was Diotisalvi (architect of the Baptistery of Pisa). In the 16th century, the external perimeter was surrounded by a sandstone porch, removed in the nineteenth century. The church was the seat of the priory of the Knights of Malta (the palace in Lungarno Galilei still shows its large coat of arms).