It originally had a public porch under the Bocci tower and although the façade shows medieval elements, such as the coats of arms of the Ricucchi family and the dual tone of the royal lines, the building is the result of a complete reconstruction carried out after the Second World War. The palace, following the extinction of the Ricucchi in 1756, was sold to the Montanelli family and later to Ferdinando d'Asburgo-Este, heir of the Duchy of Modena. Later passed to the Tobler family, it was bought by the Supino family, the current owners. The Crusade of the Pisans: Commander Ricucco Ricucchi, owner of the palace in the 11th century, owes his fame to the First Crusade, when he was the first to climb the walls of Jerusalem on 15 July 1099. The family crest on the façade of the building shows two R, the initials of his name, on the sides. According to legend, tired of the many battles, the crusaders lost all hope of entering the Holy City, but Cucco took a processional cross and showed it to the people: Follow it, Christians, Christ guides you!, these were the words that came from the slender figure of Christ. The miraculous event immediately restored confidence in the soldiers, who carried out their mission. Today, the Cross of the Pisans is kept in the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo. The Maritime Republic played an important role during the Crusade, so much so that Dagoberto da Pisa, archbishop of the city, was elected first Latin patriarch of Jerusalem.