Piazza Martiri della Libertà and the Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies
The excellence of Pisa, the Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies and specialization: its origins date back to 1785, when Grand Duke Pietro Leopoldo di Lorena established the Sant'Anna Conservatory for the education of young women of civil status. The modern institute was initially born from the union between colleges for the study of sciences annexed to the Scuola Normale Superiore, the Medical-juridical college. In 1967, the merger with the Antonio Pacinotti College gave birth to the Higher school of university studies and specialization, organised into the subject areas of social, applied and experimental sciences. From 1987, the School has its permanent headquarters in the former monastery of Sant'Anna (from which it takes its name) and the Jesuit convent of San Girolamo.
Chiesa di Santa Caterina di Alessandria