Church and bell tower of San Nicola, via Santa Maria
History in a nutshell: Documented since 1097, the construction can be dated around the last years of the 10th century. In 1296, it passed to the Eremitani di S. Agostino who enlarged it. In 1572, perhaps following a fire, the 8 chapels were built and the great vault was created. The last restorations were carried out in the 19th century and gave it the neoclassical taste that can be admired upon entering.
Chiesa di San Nicola
Museo Nazionale di Palazzo Reale