Casa dell'Opera and Domus Comeliana
The building after the Campo Santo is the Casa dell'Opera, seat of the lodgings and offices of the workers that made the square great. The Opera della Primaziale (so called because the Cathedral of Pisa is the home of the Primate, or archbishop of the city), is an institution created to supervise the construction of the monuments in Piazza del Duomo. Then we see two large white cranes to which two steel tie rods were attached that connected to the fourth ring of the Tower of Pisa to support it during the excavation work which allowed it to be straightened between 1990 and 2001.
Along the lawn of the Piazza stands the Domus Comeliana, purchased and restored in 1947 by Professor Marcello Comel, director of the Dermatological Clinic of the University of Pisa. Currently a multifunctional centre.
Via Maffi Pietro Cardinale, 36
Piazza dei Miracoli