The Giro Handbike Italia 2022 will stop in Pisa for the final!
Sunday 16 October | start at 11:00 a.m.
SEO a.s.d, in collaboration with the Municipality of Pisa, is organising for Sunday 16 October 2022 the finalissima of the Giro Handbike, a national race for disabled athletes reserved for all HB and T categories.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Sports clubs regularly affiliated with the Italian Cycling Federation for the competitive year 2022 are eligible to participate. Entries are received exclusively via the website www.federciclismo.it with ID code 162412. Entries will close at midnight on 9 October 2022. Who can participate? It is open to everyone, competitive and non-competitive athletes, simple enthusiasts, organisations and companies.
Registration is free of charge and includes: participation in the race, its rankings and prize-giving, packed lunch, Transponder service with Live Tracking and medical assistance.
The route is 3.7 km to be repeated several times with the 1 hour +1 lap formula.
MEETING POINT: from 8.30 a.m. until 9.30 a.m. at the Arsenali della Repubblica in Via Bonanno Pisano. The parking areas reserved for teams are located on the final stretch of Via Bonanno and Lungarno Giacomo Leopardi, which can be accessed using the special accreditation provided by the organisation.
- 8.30-9.30 am: checking of licences, withdrawal of ID numbers and transponders at the meeting point;
- 9:30 a.m.: technical meeting with O.C., judges, race director and heads of registered sports clubs
- from 10:00 a.m.: road closure and route test;
- from 10:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.: animation activities at the start/finish area in Lungarno Simonelli
- 10:30 am: queuing up and grid call of the athletes;
- 10:50 a.m.: presentation of the official HandBike Giro jerseys;
- 11:00 a.m.: official start
- 12:30 pm: end of the race;
-13:00: delivery of the Packed Lunch at the meeting point;
- 14:00: prize-giving ceremony at the meeting point
For further information, please visit https://www.girohandbike.it/