The XXIV Cetilar Pisa Marathon returns on Sunday 17 December 2023!
This year the marathon will take place in celebration of the Tower. On 9 August 1173, the first stone circle was founded! 850 years later, the Bell Tower of the Cathedral still makes a wonderful display. Running the Marathon, the Half or the Father Christmas Run and arriving right under the Tower is a unique experience.
Between art, history and nature. The route is flat and fast. After the first city kilometres, you cross the San Rossore Natural Park and arrive at the sea. Return along the Arno, the historic river, and finish under the Leaning Tower
MARATHON PROGRAMME (42.195 km) + HALF MARATHON "Pisanina "(21.097 km)
The race, both competitive and non-competitive, will take place on a course measured by AIMS-World Athletics and Fidal.
Saturday 16 December
- 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.: Pisa Marathon Expo opening in Via Roma 67, distribution of bibs, chips, programmes and race package. Information, reception and hospitality area;
Sunday 17 December
- 7:00 a.m. opening of baggage depot
- 7:50 a.m. end of delivery of refreshments
- 8:00 a.m. meeting in Largo Cocco Griffi and opening of boxes
- 8:30 a.m. baggage drop-off time
- 8:45 a.m. start box closing
- 9:00 a.m. start of Marathon and Half Marathon
- 10:00 a.m. arrival of the first half marathon runners
- 11:00 a.m. arrival of the first marathon runners
- 12:00 p.m. start of the prize-giving ceremony
- 3:30 p.m. closing of the event
It is possible to register for each race exclusively online at https://www.maratonadipisa.com/.
Also on Sunday 17 December there will be the Santa Claus Race, a 4-mile route along the Lungarni of Pisa, also suitable for families, everyone dressed as Father Christmas! It will be possible to pick up the bib number in Corte degli Spedalinghi already on Saturday 16.
Meeting point in Largo Cocco Griffi at 8:00 am on Sunday and departure at 9:00 am.
For information on costs and routes of all races https://www.maratonadipisa.com/.