Egyptological Collections of the University of Pisa, via San Frediano

Particolare( Collezioni Egittologiche dell’Università di Pisa)
Particolari ( Collezioni Egittologiche dell’Università di Pisa)
Thanks to the donations of Laura Birga Picozzi, descendant of Ippolito Rosellini, the Egyptological collection of the University of Pisa was established in 1962. It is now part of the University Museum System, S.M.A. In 1964, the Schiff Giordini collection was added with objects from excavations in Sudan and in 1968 the collection of the Ostraka of Ossirinco, with composed of 1500 terracotta fragments inscribed with texts in demotic (the last phase of the Egyptian language) describing life in a small oasis in Egypt. The collection was inaugurated in 1994 at Via San Frediano 12.
Ippolito Rosellini and J.F. Champollion led the French-Tuscan expedition, at the behest of Grand Duke Pietro Leopoldo II of Lorena, to Egypt and Nubia, in 1828 and 1829, which led to the birth, at the Pisan University, of the first chair of Egyptology in the world.


Last update: 31/03/2021
RINASCENTE
60m
Via del Castelletto, 28
Recapito 050 580460
CUORE DI PISA
80m
Piazza San Frediano
Recapito 050 577521
HOTEL LEONARDO
130m
Via Tavoleria, 17
Recapito 050 579946 050 579819
RINASCIMENTO
160m
Piazza Donati, 13
Recapito 050 580395
RISTORANTE OSTERIA DEI CAVALIERI
10m
Via S. Frediano, 16
Recapito 050 581259,050 580858
LA SOSTA DEI CAVALIERI
20m
Via San Frediano, 3
Recapito 050 9912410
LA TOSCANA
30m
Via San Frediano, 10
Recapito 050 969052
PIZZERIA LA TANA
40m
V. S. Frediano, 6
Recapito 050 580540
Velieri a palazzo dei Dodici
70m
Palazzo dei Dodici
17-06-2018
18-06-2018
Il concerto di Armida
70m
Piazza dei Cavalieri
25-08-2017
KHALAB & BABA SISSOKO - MOP MOP SOUND SYSTEM
70m
Piazza dei Cavalieri
10-10-2014
11-10-2014
AUTUNNO IN FOLK
70m
Piazza dei Cavalieri
27-11-2014
01-12-2014