Cappella Di Sant’Agata
The chapel is first mention of in 1132. Built close by the church of S. Paolo a Ripa d’Arno, its connections with this building lasted until the 16th century, when it was handed to the Benedictine lay sisters from the nearby convent.
The chapel is a small regular octagon, with a pointed roof entirely built in brick, as is the rest of the building. The walls are decorated with pilasters and rounded "dead" arches standing on stone plinths that are gradually taller going from east to west, probably because of modifications in the original structure.
A door in the west wall faces the Church of S. Paolo. The four adjacent walls, two to each side, have triple mullioned windows resting on a moulded framework with marble columns and capitals joined by arches in brickwork with a small round opening above. This element is also present in the three closed sides, where the exactly similar are walled up. Since this decoration on the eastern side is the same height as the open windows, it can be presumed there was originally a three-arched mullioned window here too, later bricked up.
All around the chapel, under the eaves runs a decoration of small dead arches resting on ceramic corbels and a double row of staggered bricks, the upper ones of which are semicircular.